Lots of stuff to report from The Arthur Craziness!
1. Jim and Tracy have spent much of the last few months cleaning out and updating their mom's house. It has a new roof, fresh interior paint, new carpet and tile, new drywall, a newly updated bathroom, new interior doors, new windows (thanks to Aunt Tracy), a new refrigerator and....we even have a tenant!
2. The new toddler phase is fighting sleep. Maybe it's trendy? I am not sure, but one thing I am AM sure about is that it is not fun!! I have stuck to my bedtime routine and made a few adjustments such as a little reading light in her room to keep things dim (to help her unwind). We have also been working on putting her back in her room similar to how Super Nanny does it. Little reaction, no talking, no attention. We are finally making progress and hopefully this phase passes before I need to join AA. :)
3. Jim and I have started a 15-week course at our church called "Growing Kids God's Way". We took the course offered prior to this called "Toddler Transititions" and we both felt that it was beneficial so we decided to continue with it. It's been great so far. First off, FREE childcare. OH YEAH!! Plus, it has given us more of an opportunity to spend time together talking about our kids and how to become better parents. All around, a good thing!
4. Operation playroom is underway!! We have an upstair bonus room, which we planned on making the playroom. However, Davis was to young to be climbing the stairs on his own so we put it off. We are finally working on it now. Before and after pictures to come!!
If you have made it this far, thanks for reading! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment